Wednesday, May 13, 2009

North Toronto

Last week I had the opportunity to return to North-Toronto, the part of Toronto where I grew-up. Given the population growth of Toronto and of the GTA, this hardly seems like the right name for the area any more!

I grew up on Belsize Drive, across from a small parkette. We considered downtown to start south of Bloor St. Certainly when this area was first built into housing in the 1920's it was still on the fringe of the City. Just up Yonge St, before Hoggs Hollow, south of York Mills and north of Lawrence was the city limits. The TTC charged another fare to go beyond that point.

I enjoyed my walk past the small stores along the Yonge St shopping district between Davisville and Lawrence. The stores are the same as I remember, but most of the businesses in them have changed. The Art Shoppe is still there and a few more long time businesses.

As a RE/MAX agent, I understand the many communities that make up the City and help people to find the neigbourhood that is right for them.

If I can help you, please let me know.

Ralph Evans - REMAX Professionals Inc, Brokerage

No comments: